Proficiency Level 5: Exceeds Grade Level Expectations
- Consistently demonstrates mastery beyond grade level
- Needs Advanced assistance, instruction and guidance to further learn.
- Engages to complete learning tasks thoroughly and accurately
- Exhibits consistent deeper conceptual understanding of concepts skills
- Independently makes connections to other concepts, skills and experiences
Proficiency Level 3: Meets Grade Level Expectations
- Demonstrates Steady grade level proficiency
- Needs developmentally appropriate assistance, instructing and guidance.
- Engages to complete learning tasks thoroughly and accurately.
- Exhibits acceptable understanding of concepts and skills
- Makes connections to their concepts, skills, and experiences with assistance.
- Successfully acquires new knowledge and skill sets.
Proficiency Level 1: Needs Reinforcement
- Demonstrates minimal growth towards grade level proficiency
- Needs significant additional assistance, instruction and guidance
- Needs additional attention to engage in completing learning tasks thoroughly and accurately
- Exhibits repeated misunderstanding
- Makes little to no connections to other concepts and skills
- Struggles to acquire new knowledge and skill sets.
The most important point for me to stress is a "3" does not correlate to a "C." It simply means your child is meeting grade level expectations. I know many of you will have questions. Please feel free to send me an email and I will be happy to try and clarify any confusion.